Est. April 1991
- To acknowledge achievements and expertise in the breeding of aquarium fish.
- To encourage the breeding and rearing of aquarium fish.
- To acquire and share information related to breeding of aquarium fish.
- There are size levels of achievement and the requirements for each are listed in section 3.
- Points will be accumulated on an individual basis.
- Progression must be made through each level <i.e. No points will be awarded for the Expert Breeder level until all the requirements of the Breeder Level have been met). Points can not be banked for use in a higher level.
- Points will only be awarded once for each species in each level of achievement.
- For each successive spawning of a single species used in higher levels, the minimum number of fry required will be doubled the minimum number required in the previous spawning (see also rule #7).
- Fish spawned must be owned by the participant. The spawning must have occurred in the participant's tank.
- A minimum of 5 fry must be raised to 60 days of age, counted from the date that they become free swimming. This rule must be waived for less prolific fish at the discretion of the BAP Chairman.
- A Breeder's Award Program Report form must be partially complied by the participant and sighed during a home visit bye the BAP Chairman or his representative within 14 days of the date the fry become free swimming.
- The BAP Report form (See rule#8) must be completed by the participant and signed again by a member of the BAP Committee 60 days after the fry become free swimming. The survival of the fry must be verified by a member of the BAP Committee.
- A will researched article dealing with the breeding of a particular type of fish that was spawned in that level of the program must be submitted to the BAP Committee to complete the requirements of each level (except for NOVIC Breeder Level). The article must be submitted prior to any points being awarded for the next level.
- Point standing, level of achievement and a list of fish spawned may be published.
- The BAP Committee will assist individuals in applying for CAOAC and FAAS breeding awards.
- Points awarded in previous RAS breeder award programs may be transferred to this program if sufficient documentation is supplied to the BAP Committee.
- Spawning registered with a breeder award program sponsored by another aquarium society may be transferred to this program if sufficient documentation is supplied to the BAP Committee.
- The BAP Chairman's decision will be final in the interpretation of these rules. Requests for changes to the rules should be made in writing to the BAP Chairman and must be approved by the members at a regular meeting.
- LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT
- NOVICE BREEDER
- Spawning of any 3 species of fish.
- 50 Points (Spawning from a novice level do not count in higher levels).
- A minimum of 10 points must be from CLASS B or higher.
- An article describing the breeding of aquarium fish.
- 50 additional points (total of 100+ points).
- A minimum of 35 points must be from Class B or higher, and;
- A minimum of 15 of these 35 must be from Class C or higher.
- 2 articles describing the breeding of aquarium fish.
- 100 additional points (Total of 200+ Points).
- A minimum of 70 points must be from Class B or higher, and ;
- A minimum of 30 of these 70 points must be from Class C or higher.
- 3 articles describing the breeding of aquarium fish.
GRAND MASTER BREEDER
- 200 additional points (total of 400+ points).
- A minimum of 140 points must be from Class B or higher, and;
- A minimum of 60 of these 140 points must be from Class C or higher.
- 4 articles describing the breeding of aquarium fish.
- 600 additional points (total of 1000+ points).
- A minimum of 360 points must be from a Class B or higher, and;
- A minimum of 160 of these 360 points must be from Class C or higher,
- A minimum of 40 of these 160 points must be from Class D.
- 5 articles describing the breeding of aquarium fish.
A framed certificate bearing the seal of Regina Aquarium Society will be presented following the completion of the requirements for the Novice Breeder level.
An additional seal will be affixed to the certificate for completion of the requirements of each of the next 4 levels.
A trophy or plaque will be presented upon completion of the Grand Master Level.
After completion of the Grand Master Level a certificate will be awarded for each additional 200 points received. The species registered for these awards may not have been used for points in the Breeders Award Program.