At Carmichael Outreach, hope is given a space to grow and those struggling with addictions, poverty, health issues and overwhelming life crisis are shown that people care and are willing to help.
Carmichael Outreach is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization that provides everything from clothing, food and household goods to harm reduction services, health education and counseling referrals. No fees are ever charged, our door is open to whoever needs assistance and everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
- Emergency food and baby supplies for up to 400 people each day, mostly children under the age of 14
- Hosting programs: Kid’s First (for expectant mothers), Child Find clinics, women’s groups (to discuss health, domestic violence, education, addiction and employment)
- Providing food hampers for families and gifts for up to 400 children each holiday season
- Offering a testing and immunization site operated in conjunction with the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region
- Operating a harm reduction program offering a needle exchange that keeps needles off of the streets and out of the playgrounds and helps prevent health service draining issues like hepatitis and AIDS